Reason: Why I became a Physical Therapist?

 I admit I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do with my life as far as my future was concerned. I knew I wanted to help people but I didn't think I wanted to be a doctor however, I did like parts of the medical field.
healthcare

 Then when I was in high school my sister had to have her knee replaced and since it was summer time and Mom and Dad both worked, I was in charge of taking her back and forth to physical therapy. It was then that I discovered what a PT does and the interaction that they have with their patients. It gets to be kind of like a partnership as the therapist teaches and the patient learns and both are working together toward the same goal. I watched my sister's progress and although the pain was great they got through it together and I could tell that my sister trusted the physiotherapist and depended on her.